Friday, April 10, 2009

2 months old!

So hard to believe Owen is already two months old.  But sometimes I often think, "He's only been a part of our family for two months??"  It just feels normal for him to be here with us and for us to be a family of four.
Here is a not so great picture of Owen, but its so hard to get good shots of him.  (I'll post more later.)   Especially when his big brother is such a camera hog!  Cole can't resist showing his "big smile" whenever he sees a camera.  Cole was playing with Owen and showing him all of his toys, which really means making a LOT of noise and placing each one on top of Owen.  But he truly loved it, every second.  These two are going to be such great friends, we just know it!

Some things about Owen:
He still is a great sleeper, 8 hr stretches at night, thank goodness. 
We took away the pacifier (to keep my sanity) and he is doing really well with it.  It was one really rough week though!
He is starting to suck on his hands/fingers.  Occasionally he will find that thumb and Cole will say, "Look Mom!  He sucks his thumb like me!"
He makes the sweetest sounds ever - he will be "talking" before we know it.

So so so in love with this little one.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love Owen so much and I haven't even met him yet!! And Cole...there just aren't words for him. So cute and fun and full of love. I can't wait to give them both hugs and kisses in just a couple weeks!

April Austin said...

Happy Birthday Owen! You are blessed with such good babies and such fun little boys. I'm so glad we are friends so we can force our children to be friends!

Greg and Lisa said...

So cute! I love Cole's smile! What a goof ball! We had such a good time seeing you guys the other night. And thank you again for the wonderful outfits! We're going to have lots of fun playing dress up! We'll see you guys soon! Greg's looking forward to wearing himself out by chasing Cole around! Haha!

Jessica Lynn said...

Oh my I love this picture of Cole! It makes me crack up! :D I can't wait to meet Owen. Its been two months and we've never even met! :O