Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Believe it or not


This is what Joe found in our garage yesterday - yes, it is a TARANTULA.   Not funny, not cute, not cool.  My dad said we should keep it, but I wanted to rip it into a million pieces so it couldn't ever come back to life after we killed it.   I have not stopped thinking about it or watching my feet as I walk - and definitely no bare feet anymore.  

Welcome to Texas.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome to Texas is right...first the fire ants, then the snake, and now the tarantula. Yikes. Thank goodness we have family and a job here or I might be making my way back to UT. :) Just kiddin'. I love it here..creatures and all.

hoLLy said...

holy heck! yep, welcome to texas! :) i have to say we've never seen one here but i should go knock on wood right now before i become a liar...the newer developments i've heard are full of more things like spiders, scorpions, etc.

Nicole said...

Hmmm...maybe I'm rethinking our visit to your place. JUST KIDDING!! But that is really gross. Really.

Leslee P said...

Gross.... remember the baby lizzard on the sticky pad... poor thing... i can still see his sad little eyes. I would have smooshed this spider and his guts all over the pavement- i hate spiders- espically big ones with fangs.