Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm tired

All I can say right now is that it has been rough.  I had one of the worst nights of my life.  It was long, scary, exhausting, frustrating, lonely, and mostly just sad.  I have never felt so helpless at the expense of my precious little baby.  All are ok now, thanks to a million and one tests.  It is a long story...

I just want to thank my Heavenly Father for answering so many prayers from a tired, desperate mother.  For giving me guidance of the sweet spirit and giving me the courage to speak up.  For giving me the most amazing family and friends.  We wouldn't know what to do without you!  And especially for giving me the best husband who is my strength.  I would be a complete mess without him - even though sometimes I still am.  :)  I just love my Joe.

I have SO MUCH to be grateful for and I hope everyone knows how grateful I truly am.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love you so much! And I'm so happy everything is fine. You are more resilient and more optimistic than most people I know. Joe and little Owen and Cole are all so very lucky to have you. :)

Nicole said...

We are so glad things are okay!!! You have definitely been in our prayers as has little Owen. We love you guys so much!!

Nicole said...

ps. LOVE the new look!!

The Johansen Family said...

I heard what happened..It is so scary to see one of your children suffering...I am glad that all is ok...we had similar experiences with Brenden and hospitals...it is a scary place to be...It is always wonderful to have the church and our prayers to guide us along the way...I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Ashley said...

Amanda, I don't know what happened but I'm glad to hear things are ok. We had a scare with Cade when he was 7 days old, he had to stay for 2 days at Cook Children's for a bunch of tests. It was terribly scary, and it sounds like you had a similar experience. I hope things get better!

April Austin said...

Amanda! I totally just teared up at your sweet little testimony. You are such an example to me! I am so happy all is well with little Owen. And I hope you have rested some since then! :)

Anonymous said...

hey girl!!! I hope everything is o.k.!!! I love your little boys!!!! that cole...he's so funny!!! are you doing good?! glad to be all settled in a new house?!!