Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!!

We had a fantastic day yesterday and had so much fun with Cole on his first Easter! Yes, technically it is his 2nd Easter but last year he was only 6mos old. It was so cool to "hide" some eggs for him and watch him find them and shake them to hear the candy. He would open and close the eggs a dozen times hoping the candy he just ate would miraculously replenish itself inside the egg! We had just as much fun dressing him for church in this adorable little outfit- tie and everything! He got so many compliments on it at church... he is already such a stud. We had the family over for dinner and yummy desserts! The family had a great time watching Cole ham it up. Who needs TV when you have a cute kiddo running around showing off?!?


And.... our little baby has started nursery (the "holding place" at church)!! Yes, he is officially 18mos old and went yesterday for the first time by himself. He went straight in and didn't even notice we left him. He loves the other kids and all the toys. He did good for the 1st hour but when it was time for the toys to go away, he wasn't so happy. Though, I must say ... he is going to do great- I just know it! And Joe and I did feel really strange sitting in sunday school all by ourselves. I was rather anxious and nervous. I didn't expect those feelings as I have been awaiting this blessed day for at least 6mos! But we are all doing so good with the whole thing and I think within a couple more weeks he will be just fine for the whole 2 hours.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

AHHH He looks SO big now!!! What a cutie!! I cannot wait to see you guys. It's going to be great. :) It sounds like Easter was awesome! West got a new tie, too. We'll be posting pics soon...I have to get a story finished here in the next couple of hours...so after that.
Fun fun pics! And nursery: how cool! Him and Weston will have a blast together...hmmm I actually don't think they get to go because you leave that day...well, they'll have a blast running around everywhere else!! Did I mention I can't wait for you to get here?!
Love love love ya

Amy said...

When did Cole grow up to be such a little man?! He's so cute in his Easter outfit--I love it. Those cupcakes look so yummy! When you leave Cole in nursery, just remember that if the adults in there are anything like me and James, they love him to death. :) I think about our little nursery kids all week long. Can't wait to see you guys!!
Love ya!

April Austin said...

Love the outfit...Children's Place is the best. And your cupcakes turned out SOOOO Beautiful!!! It makes me want to eat some! Any leftovers??

T-bit said...

What a little man....love the suit. I can't wait to see him..it has been too long!

molly said...

seriously that is one rockin' outfit. I love the blazer and tie!

Leslee P said...

L.O.V.E the bottom picture... It really melts my heart. The tie is the best. I love his curls in the back, do not ever cut them.... EVER! I had to chop Mason's off becasue he has fuzzy hair, so I relaly miss them...

Mason looked so stinking cute as well, he had a shirt to match Daddy and a vest to go with it...

I hope you all had a great Easter... Only about 5.5 weeks until we will be there. YAY!

Heidi said...

He looks like such a big boy! I'm so happy nursery is going well so far... I'm sure it will get better and better!
Next week will be Kora's 1st day in nursery (if her cough is gone)...I hope she loves it as much as Cole!

Heather said...

He is such a little stud!!! I love that outfit and those big eyes! Here's hoping he continues to love nursery.