We had such a great Easter holiday this year. We were able to focus on Christ and the resurrection more with Cole. (Of course, we did try with Owen.) We had a fun family dinner, several egg hunts, scripture reading, baskets for the boys, and quality time together. My very favorite.

Cole had an Easter party at school, with food and a little egg hunt. Owen loves to go to those! Cole did great finding eggs... like I think he found the most. Too bad they divide them up evenly afterwards to be "fair."

The boys dyed eggs for the first time. It was a little disappointing. Cole just wanted to basically throw the eggs in the dye, which meant color splashing everywhere. Then he thought the hard boiled eggs should just be bowling balls. It was fun, but hopefully next year will go a little smoother.

Easter morning, after breakfast, we did an egg hunt in the house. Just the four of us - so. much. fun! Joe and I hid the eggs downstairs. Cole found a ton, and when his bucket was full he helped Owen fill up his. It was so sweet to see these 2 little boys working together. And it was a first for us to put a dollar bill in an egg. I always wanted to get an egg like that when I was a kid.
All dressed up for church. They looked so handsome. Unfortunately these were the best pictures we could get. We were late for church, and they were not willing to cooperate for a group shot. This is life, ya know?
After church we went to Sharon & Guy's house for some family time. It's always so nice to go over there and relax. And the boys love being there so much! Of course Aunt Sharon had to do another little egg hunt for the kids. These kids will have candy to eat until Christmas. (We are still munching on it over here.)
We had a great Easter 2011. Our guys are in such a great place right now. Here's to the year of fun!
5 comments:
Don't you love having 2 boys? life is never dull! love the picture of them hugging. I didn't even attempt coloring eggs with our boys this year. I wasn't brave enough, didn't want the mess=)
They look so cute in their Easter colors for church. They are going to be such good friends even as adults I bet. I always wonder about Will and Brooke. Sounds like a good time! We need to get Brooke and Cole together soon!
Love the pics!!!! Such cute boys! I love Owen's long hair!!! Missing you!
They ARE in such a great place right now. Their ages are just perfect!! LOVE all of these cute pics and especially these dang cute boys. Boys are just the best! :) 28 days...
ps. love their easter shirts...check out my easter post when I EVER get around to it!
Post a Comment