Oh please leave us. This is Cole's 2nd one in just a few months. He has had a fever now for 6 full days. Usually hanging out around 103, occasionally making its way up to 104 and 105 even. I think I've gone through 2 whole bottles of Tylenol and Motrin. Mommy doesn't know what else to do for the poor little guy. He has missed school, church, birthday parties, and a playdate. He has watched more TV than I thought humanly possible. We have gone out for walks daily, sometimes twice, so we all don't go crazy, but I'm more than ready for this sick baby to be all better!! And I know Cole is ready to be done with it all too.
We got some antibiotics Saturday after a fun trip to the doctor, but it's still not making it's magic happen. And now Daddy is gone for two days, and it's just me. Why is it that EVERYTHING happens when I'm by myself?!?!? And I'm a little sad to be home alone with a sick baby who wakes crying at night. Last night we were up from 12:30am - 4:00 am. And it is so much better when I have Joe to help and make me not cry! I will say that 105.1 is a very scary number to read on a thermometer in the middle of the night! Let's hope tonight is a better one.
5 comments:
Oh wow! Good luck amanda, we sure hope Cole gets better...for him AND you! Wish I was there to help.
amanda, PLEASE call me and let me know what i can do to help you out! not just as a vter, but as a friend, ok?
so sorry to hear his fevers have been so high and that you are alone through this. sounds rough! :(
Amanda.. I am so sorry to hear about Cole.. I was say some prayers for him and I hope he is much better tonight!!! That has to be soo tough! I'm sorry
We are experiencing ear infections with Q as well. Our Bishop is a Clinical Nutritionist so I asked him about ear infections & antibiotics & he advised to avoid the antibiotics because they actually weaken the immune system resulting in reoccurring ear infections. And to use hydrogen peroxide in the her ears to dry up the infection {if it fizzes up a ton, you know that there is an infection}. We've been dropping it in her ear in the morning & before naps & bed as it relieves the pain & allows her to sleep better. And then we give her Congaplex mixed in her bottle to build her immune system. Okay, that's a lot of information, but I just thought I'd share because it's so sad to watch these little ones in pain {& ornery!}. Call or email me if you'd like {or not}. And please know I am a firm believer in a mother's intuition & to trust it to do what's best for your kiddos... you can take this info with as a grain of salt.
Hope they get better soon!
And I wish that we would lean on each other more... we could have cried together about the sleepless nights {they do not make me a happy person}!!! Monday night is when is started for us, too!
Post a Comment