Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things

Just some things going on lately in our neck of the woods:
Cole asked me today: "Momma, where's Owen's teeth?"
I just smiled.  What a smart little observant boy!

Owen is already 2 weeks old!  I can hardly believe time has passed so quickly.  He went in for his well check yesterday and he is just such a little guy.  He hasn't gained much weight, not even back to his birth-weight yet, only 8 lbs even.  And he is still a little jaundiced, so there was a little concern from the pedi.  Which meant a trip to the hospital for the heel poke - which I HATE.  Luckily Joe was with me and I didn't have to watch.  Well, I still cried when I heard his heart felt screams, then I got nauseous when I looked over Joe's shoulder and saw the blood on his tiny little foot.  What a wimp.  But he is doing great overall and truly is an AMAZING baby.  Cole was such a fantastic baby that it is hard to imagine it could get any better - but it did.  WOW- we are some lucky parents.  He is only getting up once during the night to eat and sleeps ALL DAY long.  :)
My mom just left today and I'm not sure what to think now.  Life will try to somewhat go back to a new type of normal.  I am definitely going to be adjusting for a while.  At least my hormones are getting more back in check each day.  :)  Joe will be gone tonight at the Mavs game (lucky) while I attempt my very first night with my 2 boys ALL BY MYSELF.  Wish me a whole lotta luck!!  please.... really.

And in closing....  We went to Sprinkles today on the way to the airport.    I ate a yummy chocolate coconut cupcake and brought a chocolate peanut butter one home.  Life is good.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your boys just get cuter and cuter! How is that possible?! The heel poke is the worst. i didn't know what they were going to do, so I held Ava when they did it and I cried more than she did. :) With your amazing kiddos, I bet they'll sleep the night away tonight so you can have all the time in the world to catch up on shows and enjoy your cupcake. Love You!! I seriously cannot wait to hold Owen. Mmm...

molly said...

such handsome little men! I need to come visit. let me know when you are up for some company, seeing as my boys are a bit wild. I don't want to overwhelm you.

I remember night times being the hardest. heck, i still don't always enjoy bedtimes. but you will adjust and do beautifully. two boys are the best and just wait, it only gets better!

molly said...

oh and the peanut butter chocolate cupcake is the BEST! now i want one!

Greg and Lisa said...

Good luck, Good luck, Good luck...even though I know you'll do great! You have two wonderful boys who are the best sleepers ever! Fortunately we're supposed to have nice weather again tomorrow, so Owen can go sun himself!

Stephanie said...

mmm... sprinkles. yum. Oh He is just the cutest little guy. You know, if you need any photos of your little man I would be over there in a heartbeat. My brain is bursting with ideas.

Nicole said...

Oh these boys are so cute!! I love Cole's hair!! And Owen is just the sweetest thing ever. Cannot wait to hold him!!! You will do amazing. Really. And I will be praying for you...but it sounds like you already have things under control...