Friday, November 14, 2008

It's finally Friday

We have had a busy, but normally nice week.  I am so glad that it is the beginning of a great fall weekend that I get to spend with my sweet husband and cutie pie 2 year old.  Lets just say that this weekend should include a little bit of sleep as well!  

I went to bed much too late last night - because I just really wanted to wait up for Joe and eat ice cream in the wee hours of the morning with him.  He is usually gone on Thursday nights and doesn't get home until about 11pm or so.  And of course, I am always asleep when he does arrive.  But last night was different.  I was really wanting some ice cream, which I happened to have NONE - - extremely rare in my freezer!   So I texted Joe and told him not to come home unless he has at least 4 different kinds of ice cream in hand for me to choose from.  He laughed at that but you bet he showed up with some really good choices!!!  So we stayed up till almost 1am eating ice cream and Combos watching Grays Anatomy together.  Life just doesn't get much better than that.

Tonight Joe scored some sweet Mavs tickets so we will be going to cheer on our team to victory, we hope.  It's been a rough start for them this year...   We love going to games together and will just enjoy being out.  Hopefully Cole will do ok with his babysitter.  He has been going through a little separation anxiety, which is so odd for our little guy.  He has NEVER displayed any signs of worry when Joe or I have left him, which we do often.  But lately he is quite the sad boy.  Maybe he can sense change... new baby, possibly?   Or just the age?   Either way he is such a happy, fun kid! 

And tomorrow is yard work!  Yay for raking leaves... and enjoying the cool temps we are going to get.  Here's to a fabulous weekend to relax!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend!! I love raking leaves. Call me crazy, but it's a 'chore' I definitely don't mind doing. You'll have to get some cute pics of Cole in the leaves.
And the ice cream sounds delish. What a perfect night! :)
Love you lots and lots

Nicole said...

ps i forgot to say have fun at the mavs game. AND I LOOVE that cute pic of Cole on the side bar. Is it new?
Love that kid!

Amy said...

I love when James gets home early and we can crash on the couch and watch our favorite shows together...while eating yummy treats of course. And yeah, just a little jealous that you're at the Mavs game tonight! SO happy you get to have a great weekend!
Love ya!

ambyr said...

yay for ice cream!!! Don't you love being pregant for just THOSE reasons!!! I just got back from a long weekend, so I will chat with you on wednesday about everything when you come over! c u then!